Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bag My Beans Gently

Starting tomorrow, I will have a new post up every day. I will start each one at 10:30am and end at 11:30am. All week long. Let's call it Mornings with Drowsy Douche.

This is a dual purposed endeavor. One is to get up at 10 every day. Make coffee, turn up the heat, and write. Discipline during winter, the season when one false move can spark a depression cycle, is my first purpose.

I've been slipping lately. Since Thursday, I've gotten up at 2 or 3 in the afternoon every day. When that repeatedly occurs, it's hard to disrupt the rhythm. Missing most of the day's sunlight really fucks with my head. And waking up late makes me feel rushed, like I have to catch up, even if there's nothing to do. It usually doesn't go away until around 10 or so, when there's officially nothing to do except my thang. I feel relaxed after I become aware of my lack of obligations, and thus, don't want to go to bed. And I don't. And then I wake up at 3 in the afternoon.

You understand my hardships now, don't you? My struggles. Mein kampf. Summer kampf. Kampf Krusty.
Photobucket



The second goal is to produce a week's worth of lousy morning writing. And maybe provide a glimpse into the mind of a renegade cyborg.

I will be cranky. I will be tired. My morning personality is like Stripe from Gremlins. Most mornings, I find myself unimpressed with being alive. Big fucking whoop. I control some arms and legs, who cares?

Nobody should be around me after I wake up. For everyone's sake. I just need some quiet time as I calibrate my consciousness for the 9,850th time. My loved ones know the score. Just give me some time, and, well, the time you give me will be gone forever. Sucker.

Anyway, the experiment starts tomorrow.
Smell ya early
-Kid Douche

Photobucket
(via Dan Mumford)



P.S. Has anybody ever tried light therapy during the winter? Anybody bought a light box and sat by it for however long you're supposed to? If so, please to tell me if it works.


P.P.S. ...I wish I had a button that denied ice cream to orphans.

No comments: