Sunday, October 26, 2008

How to Pan for Gold and Starve to Death

Gold prospecting and panning is said to be the nation's fastest growing outdoor recreation. Who said that? Mr. Coffeepot Tinbuckle, Jr. That's who.
Photobucket



Let's not beat around the bush, mustard kin. Rock-hounding is a rough game. Dodging grizzly bears, fending off bandits, whiskey-fueled poker fights, and having the bean shits are daily occurrences. With our economy on the rocks, and gold prices soaring, the next logical step for an out of work dipshit like me is to grab a pick axe and find some gold.

But how does one go from this...
Photobucket



To this?

(I will one day learn at the feet of master dancer Walter Huston.
God bless him.)


To find out how to get started in the prospecting field, I spoke to master gold man
Coffeepot Tinbuckle, Jr. at his cabin in Wyoming. Here's how the interview went...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



After my conversation with Coffeepot, I changed my mind about looking for gold. I'm thinking about enrolling at ITT Tech.

"Better have some beans"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crap dude I just saw http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=45253581 for the first time.