Thursday, July 24, 2008

Banksy Unmasked

So, maybe you heard the news already, but graffiti artist Banksy's true identity was reported to have been revealed. Whether or not it's true is besides the point. I hate to see the fog lifted on an artist who wishes to remain anonymous. Banksy's elusiveness gives him power, as his artwork takes the spotlight instead of him (although some may disagree).

I could give a shit if Banksy is a middle class schmuck, a diabetic rabbi, or a Bangladeshi mechanic. Being financially comfortable doesn't diminish the impact of one's art. And to gleefully unmask him is kind of tacky. I have the utmost respect for anyone who can successfully create a mythical persona, because that shit is hard to keep up. It's hard enough trying to hide your true awfulness to a girl at the start of a relationship. I struggle to get past the first date without showing a girl all of my knives and 47 copies of CB4.


Banksy revealed to be...
Photobucket
...Michael Jackson Thriller Zombie




I feel the same way about the Unabomber, who is slightly less cool than Banksy, but has a bigger fatality count.
Photobucket


Photobucket

My favorite
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: